One thing we love about dentistry is the continually advancing technology. We’re always on the lookout for new and exciting developments, and one of the latest additions to our practice is cone beam CT. How will this machine help us improve patient care?
Patient Benefits of Cone Beam CT Imaging
- Painless and noninvasive
- Fast and accurate images
- Minimal radiation exposure
- Shorter treatment times
- Reduced need for invasive procedures
- Better treatment outcomes
Uses of Cone Beam CT Images
- Planning Surgical Treatment — The 3D images of the teeth, nerves, bone, and sinuses aid in planning procedures such as implant placement, root canals, and extractions.
- Diagnosis and Treatment — The 3D images of the structures of the nose, mouth, and throat help us diagnose and treat sleep apnea. Images of the jaw joints, teeth, sinuses, and airway help us diagnose and treat temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD).
- Patient Education — The 3D images help us educate you about your diagnosis and treatment. You can see what the problem is and have a clearer understanding of your proposed treatment. We want you to make informed decisions about your care.
What Is Cone Beam CT?
Cone beam CT is a special x-ray machine that quickly creates hundreds of panoramic 3D images. It produces images of the teeth, soft tissues, nerves, and bone in one scan.
We remain current with the latest dental technology. Our goal is to give you the best treatment options available. We’re committed to providing professional care in a comfortable atmosphere. Our team looks forward to your next visit. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation