Advances in technology and methods of treatment in dentistry are making it faster and easier than ever to get long-lasting healthy smiles. A study revealed that 85 percent of patients prefer single-visit dentistry, and that two out of every three of them would travel farther or change dentists for it. We know that whether it is work or family, or both, your schedule is packed. Find out how our single-visit option for crowns lets you take care of yourself without wrecking your schedule.
CEREC Is the Answer
CEREC, which is short for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic, has taken the crown process from two to three weeks to a single office visit. The first step is to prepare the tooth for the crown by removing the decayed or weakened portions. An optical impression is then made using Computer Aided-Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology. With this, 3D imaging is done to determine the size, shape, and proportions of your tooth. Then, while you wait, our machine takes that 3D information and creates a permanent, color-matched ceramic crown that we then bond to your tooth and polish for the finished look.
The Benefits of CEREC
We take the effort to stay up to date and provide the latest technology because your comfort and convenience are important to us. We offer CEREC due to its many benefits:
- The entire process can be done the same day in one visit, saving you time and allowing you to enjoy your new smile sooner.
- Digital impressions are created quickly, and there is no need for the messy, time-consuming process of taking molds using the traditional process.
- Ceramic crowns made using CAD/CAM are created with accuracy and precision.
- No need for a temporary crown to be cemented to your tooth while waiting for crowns to arrive.
- CEREC crowns are strong and natural-looking.
The Chicago Loop Solution for Crowns
If you’re not clear what a crown is or whether you might need one, contact us at Marcus Dental Practice for a consultation to determine if CEREC is right for you. We proudly serve the Chicago area, so contact our office today to schedule a consultation.